The St Ephrem church in Paris has a very nice program of classical concerts. Since 1927, L'église Saint-Éphrem-le-Syriaque is classified as historical monuments (Monuments Historiques).
The present building is the third chapel built on the site. The first chapel was built around 1334: André Ghini, bishop of Arras, at that time transforms his Parisian hotel in college for Italian students, the College of the Lombards. This college was bought in 1677 by two Irish priests who convert it into Irish College, around 1685 they built a second chapel. The present chapel was built in 1733. In 1925 the mayor of Paris bought it and became the Syriac Catholic Mission in France.
This church is located in a small street near La Sorbonne, in the 5th arrondissement of Paris.
Address: 17 rue des Carmes Paris 15th arrondissement
Metro: Maubert - Mutualite
The church is famous for hosting classical music concerts of Bach, Chopin and Liztz.