St Ephrem Church
The St Ephrem church Paris has a nice program of classical concerts. This church is located on rue des Carmes, a small street near La Sorbone, in the 5th arrondissement of Paris. Since 1927, L'église Saint-Éphrem-le-Syriaque is classified as historical monuments (Monuments Historiques).
The present building is the third chapel built on the site. The first chapel was built around 1334: André Ghini, bishop of Arras, at that time transforms his Parisian hotel in college for Italian students, the College of the Lombards. This college was bought in 1677 by two Irish priests who convert it into Irish College, around 1685 they built a second chapel. The present chapel was built in 1733. In 1925 the mayor of Paris bought it and became the Syriac Catholic Mission in France.
FTC Disclosure: If you make a purchase via links on this site we may receive a small commission at no added cost to you. Thank you!
The church is a famous venue for concerts. Find a nice music program all all year round. Affordable concerts in Paris.
The Saint-Ephrem Church has outstanding acoustics and a remarkable ambiance. That is a wonderful setting for classical music concerts.
Saint Ephrem Church 2019
- St. Ephrem Church: Chopin, Beethoven, Debussy, Tchaikovsky on February 14, 2019
- Schubert's Die Winterreise at Église Saint-Ephrem on February 16, 2019
- Chopin with candlelights in Saint Ephrem Church February 17, 22, March 16, May 1, 4, 8, 15, 22, 2019
- Mozart, Satie & Beethoven at the Saint-Ephrem Church with Jennifer Fichet on February 18, 24, 2019
- Chopin and Liszt at Saint Ephrem March 1, 10, April 20, 24, May 26, 2019
- Saint Ephrem Church: Bach Suites for Violoncello Solo on March 2, 9, 19, 25, April 6, 13, 20, 26, May 3, 14, 21, 27, 31, 2019
- Brahms, Tchaïkovski, Fauré & Mendelssohn at Saint-Ephrem on March 3, 24, 2019
- Chopin, Schubert, Debussy, Rachmaninov: Concerts at St. Ephrem Church in Paris on March 7, April 9, 16...
- Schubert, Prokofiev, Debussy & Tchaikovsky at Saint-Ephrem on March 13, 23, 31, 2019
- Mozart, Bach Piano for 4 hands: Concerts at St. Ephrem Church in Paris March 17, 30, 2019
- Mozart, Satie & Beethoven at the Saint-Ephrem Church with Pascal Mantin on March 18, 22, April 5, 12, 2019
- Chopin, Mozart, Moussorgsky: Concerts at St. Ephrem Church in Paris April 10, 17, 21, 2019
- Beethoven & Liszt for Piano: Eglise Saint-Ephrem May 5, 2019
- Satie, Liszt and Beethoven: Piano at Saint Ephrem May 10, 18, 25, 29, 2019
- Chopin & Mozart at Saint Ephrem Church May 11, 2019
Location of the church
Saint-Ephrem address: 17 rue des Carmes Paris 15th arrondissement. Metro: Maubert - Mutualite.
Church near the University La Sorbonne
Church near the street Rue des Ecoles
Restaurant near the Church of St-Ephrem:
- Le Petit Prince de Paris 12 rue de Lanneau
5th arrondissement of Paris (fine dining)
Return from St Ephrem Church to Paris Vacations