St Ephrem church 2018
The St Ephrem church Paris hosts beautiful classical concerts. The church is located on rue des Carmes, a small street near La Sorbone, in the 5th arrondissement of Paris. Since 1927, L'église Saint-Éphrem-le-Syriaque is classified as historical monuments (Monuments Historiques).
The present building is the third chapel built on the site. The first chapel was built around 1334: André Ghini, bishop of Arras, at that time transforms his Parisian hotel in college for Italian students, the College of the Lombards. This college was bought in 1677 by two Irish priests who convert it into Irish College, around 1685 they built a second chapel. The present chapel was built in 1733. In 1925 the mayor of Paris bought it and became the Syriac Catholic Mission in France.
FTC Disclosure: If you make a purchase via links on this site we may receive a small commission at no added cost to you. Thank you!
The church is a famous venue for concerts. Find a nice music program all all year round. Affordable concerts in Paris.
Concerts in St Ephrem Church
The Saint-Ephrem Church has outstanding acoustics and a remarkable ambiance. That is a wonderful setting for classical music concerts.
Reserve your seats for Saint Ephrem Church concerts
- Saint Ephrem Church:Bach Suites for Violoncello Solo November 6, 14, 22, 30, December 6, 13, 20, 24, 28, 31, January 5...
- St. Ephrem Church: Chopin, Beethoven, Debussy, Tchaikovsky November 8, 12, 24, 29, December 8, 15...
- Mozart, Satie & Beethovenhon November 10, 19, 26, December 25, January 1, 13...
- Chopin and Liszt at Saint Ephrem November 11, 17, December 16, 2018
- Schubert & Rachmaninov at the Saint-Ephrem Church November 18, 25, 2018
- Chopin with candlelights: Saint Ephrem Church December 1...
- St. Ephrem Church: Goldberg Variations December 2, 2018
- St. Ephrem Church:Liszt, Satie, Beethoven December 4, 2018
- Mozart, Satie and Beethoven at the Saint-Ephrem Church December 17, 2018
- Concerts at St. Ephrem Church in Paris December 22, 23, 25, 27, 30, 2018
- Schubert, Prokofiev, Debussy & Tchaikovsky at Saint-Ephrem January 1, 18, 26, 2019
- Chopin and Liszt at Saint Ephrem on January 6, 2019
- Schubert's Die Winterreise at Eglise Saint-Ephrem on February 16, 2019
Location of the church
Saint-Ephrem address: 17 rue des Carmes Paris 15th arrondissement. Metro: Maubert - Mutualite.
Church near the University La Sorbonne
Church near the street Rue des Ecoles
Restaurant near the Church of St-Ephrem:
- Le Petit Prince de Paris 12 rue de Lanneau
5th arrondissement of Paris (fine dining)
Return from St Ephrem Church to Paris Vacations