St Ephrem Church 2019 2020
The St Ephrem church Paris has a nice program of classical concerts. This church is located on rue des Carmes, a small street near La Sorbone, in the 5th arrondissement of Paris. Since 1927, L'église Saint-Éphrem-le-Syriaque is classified as historical monuments (Monuments Historiques).
The present building is the third chapel built on the site. The first chapel was built around 1334: André Ghini, bishop of Arras, at that time transforms his Parisian hotel in college for Italian students, the College of the Lombards. This college was bought in 1677 by two Irish priests who convert it into Irish College, around 1685 they built a second chapel. The present chapel was built in 1733. In 1925 the mayor of Paris bought it and became the Syriac Catholic Mission in France.
FTC Disclosure: If you make a purchase via links on this site we may receive a small commission at no added cost to you. Thank you!
The church is a famous venue for concerts. Find a nice music program year round. Affordable concerts in Paris.
CONCERTS IN SAINT EPHREM CHURCH
- Candlelight Concert: Chopin & Beethoven at Saint Ephrem Church from November 27 to February 26, 2020
- Candlelight Concert at Saint Ephrem Church: Bach Suites for Violoncello Solo from November 29 to January 4, 2020
- Mozart, Satie and Beethoven at the Saint-Ephrem Church from December 1 to March 2, 2020
- Chopin with candlelights: Saint Ephrem Church from December 4 to 31, 2019
- St. Ephrem Church: Liszt, Satie, Beethoven from December 6 to May 13, 2020
- Candlelight Concert at St. Ephrem Church: Goldberg Variations from December 7 to April 13, 2020
- Brahms, Schubert & Beethoven at the Saint-Ephrem Church from December 22 to 31, 2019
- Mozart, Chopin, Satie, Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninov: Concerts at St. Ephrem Church in Paris from December 26 to January 30, 2020
- Candlelight Concert: Chopin and Liszt at Saint Ephrem January 5 to May 10, 2020
- Beethoven, Mendelssohn & Rachmaninov at Saint-Ephrem from February 1 to March 8, 2020
- Chopin, Schubert, Debussy, Rachmaninov: Concerts at St. Ephrem Church in Paris from February 2 to 12, 2020
- Chopin, Schubert, Debussy, Tchaikovsky: Concerts at St. Ephrem Church in Paris from February 16 to May 29, 2020
- St. Ephrem Church: Festival Frédéric Chopin from March 4 to 24, 2020
- Mozart, Chopin, Debussy, Tchaikovsky: Eglise Saint-Ephrem from March 7 to April 19, 2020
Location of the church
Saint-Ephrem address: 17 rue des Carmes Paris 15th arrondissement. Metro: Maubert - Mutualite.
Church near the University La Sorbonne
Church near the street Rue des Ecoles
Restaurant near the Church of St-Ephrem:
- Le Petit Prince de Paris 12 rue de Lanneau
5th arrondissement of Paris (fine dining)
Return from St Ephrem Church to Paris Vacations