St Ephrem Church 2020
The St Ephrem church Paris has a nice program of classical concerts. This church is located on rue des Carmes, a small street near La Sorbone, in the 5th arrondissement of Paris. Since 1927, L'église Saint-Éphrem-le-Syriaque is classified as historical monuments (Monuments Historiques).
The present building is the third chapel built on the site. The first chapel was built around 1334: André Ghini, bishop of Arras, at that time transforms his Parisian hotel in college for Italian students, the College of the Lombards. This college was bought in 1677 by two Irish priests who convert it into Irish College, around 1685 they built a second chapel. The present chapel was built in 1733. In 1925 the mayor of Paris bought it and became the Syriac Catholic Mission in France.
FTC Disclosure: If you make a purchase via links on this site we may receive a small commission at no added cost to you. Thank you!
The church is a famous venue for concerts. Find a nice music program year round. Affordable concerts in Paris.
CONCERTS IN SAINT EPHREM CHURCH
- Candlelight Concert: Chopin & Beethoven at Saint Ephrem Church January 8 to February 26, 2020
- Chopin with candlelights: Saint Ephrem Church January 10 to March 1, 2020
- Candlelight Concert at Saint Ephrem Church: Bach Suites for Violoncello Solo January 11 to March 5, 2020
- St. Ephrem Church: Liszt, Satie, Beethoven January 12 to May 13, 2020
- Mozart, Chopin, Satie, Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninov: Concerts at St. Ephrem Church in Paris January 14 to 30, 2020
- Candlelight Concert at St. Ephrem Church: Goldberg Variations January 18 to June 14, 2020
- Mozart, Satie and Beethoven at the Saint-Ephrem Church January 24 to April 20, 2020
- Beethoven, Mendelssohn & Rachmaninov at Saint-Ephrem from February 1 to March 8, 2020
- Chopin, Schubert, Debussy, Rachmaninov: Concerts at St. Ephrem Church in Paris from February 2 to 12, 2020
- Candlelight Concert: Chopin and Liszt at Saint Ephrem February 14 to May 10, 2020
- Chopin, Schubert, Debussy, Tchaikovsky: Concerts at St. Ephrem Church in Paris February 16 to June 20, 2020
- St. Ephrem Church: Festival Frédéric Chopin March 4 to May 24, 2020
- Mozart, Chopin, Debussy, Tchaikovsky: Eglise Saint-Ephrem March 7 to April 19, 2020
- Liszt, Beethoven and Rachmaninov at Saint Ephrem May 2 to June 7, 2020
Location of the church
Saint-Ephrem address: 17 rue des Carmes Paris 15th arrondissement. Metro: Maubert - Mutualite.
Church near the University La Sorbonne
Church near the street Rue des Ecoles
Restaurant near the Church of St-Ephrem:
- Le Petit Prince de Paris 12 rue de Lanneau
5th arrondissement of Paris (fine dining)
Return from St Ephrem Church to Paris Vacations