The Madeleine Church is one of the famous churches in Paris. Don't miss to visit this church in Paris, or enjoy a classical concert.
The church Madeleine is located in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. A short walk from the Place de la Concorde. The church stands at the end of the rue Royale. The majestic building is easy to recognize, has built in the shape of a temple.
Napoleon Bonaparte has decided to build it only for his glory. It took 85 years to finish it. Only in 1845, the St Madeleine was transformed into a church.
CONCERTS AT LA MADELEINE CHURCH
FTC Disclosure: If you make a purchase via links on this site we may receive a small commission at no added cost to you. Thank you!
- La Madeleine: Vivaldi's Four Seasons January 11 to 18, 2020
- Vivaldi's Four Seasons at Eglise de la Madeleine January 16 to November 28, 2020
- Vivaldi' Four Seasons & Mozart's A Little Night Music: La Madeleine Church February 21 to January 2, 2021
- Mozart Requiem February 22, May 30, 2020
- Haydn & Mozart at La Madeleine Church February 29, 2020
- Ravel's Bolero & Mozart Requiem: La Madeleine Church March 6 to November 21, 2019
- Faure's Requiem: Église de la Madeleine June 27, 2020
- In Memory of Chopin: Mozart Requiem at La Madeleine Church October 30, 2020
- Verdi's Requiem in Paris November 7, 2020
Facts of La Madeleine Church
A Roman Roman Catholic Church in Paris.
The Church is open every day 9:30 am to 7 pm.
Architecture: a temple with 52 Corinthian columns supporting the building.
The Church Pipe organ is one of the most beautiful instruments in Paris and was built by Aristide Cavaille-Coll. Enjoy organ music on Sunday during the mass (9:30 am and 11 am).
Chopin's funeral was late for two weeks in the Madeleine on October 30, 1849. He had a wish that the Requiem of Mozart was sung.
Christmas at the Madeleine Church - The nativity scene at the church from December to February.
Famous addresses near La Madeleine
- FAUCHON Paris: 30 Place de la Madeleine, 75008 Paris
Gourmet food shop and delicatessens
- La Maison de la Truffe Madeleine: 19 Place de la Madeleine, 75008 Paris
Restaurant specialties, the truffle since 1932
- Ladurée Paris Royale: 16-18 Rue Royale, 75008 Paris, France
Restaurant for macarons
Most beautiful churches in Paris where to find classical music concerts: the Ste Chapelle, St-Germain des pres, Cathedral Notre Dame de Paris and St Ephrem Church.
Return from Madeleine concerts to Paris Vacations