L'Église de la Madeleine is one of the most famous churches in Paris. Don't miss to visit this church in Paris, or enjoy a classical concert.
The church Madeleine is located in the 8th arrondissement of Paris, a short walk from the Place de la Concorde. The church stands at the end of the rue Royale. The majestic building is easy to recognize, shaped like a temple.
Who has built L'Eglise de la Madeleine? Napoleon Bonaparte did it, only for his glory. It took 85 years to finish it. Only in 1845, the St Madeleine was transformed into a church.
Concerts in the church
Upcoming concerts at La Madeleine Church 2017
- Vivaldi the Four Seasons at La Madeleine Church on December 15, 23, 25, 28, 29, 2017, January 1, 2018. Performance of Vivaldi's 'The Four Seasons' by the Orchestre Les Violons de France
- Beethoven's Ninth & Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto: La Madeleine Church in December 21, 2017
- Mozart's Requiem at La Madeleine Church on December 22nd 2017
- Christmas Concert at La Madeleine Church: Vivaldi's Four Seasons on December 23rd 2017
- Corelli's Christmas Concerto Grosso and Vivaldi's Four Seasons at La Madeleine on December 26th 2017
- Händel's Messiah at La Madeleine Church on December 27, 2017
- Beethoven's Ninth: La Madeleine Church in Paris on December 30th 2017
- Concerts at La Madeleine Church: Mozart Requiem on December 31, February 3, 24...
- New Year's Eve: Mozart Requiem in Paris on December 31st 2017
- Verdi's Requiem in La Madeleine Church in Paris February 10th 2017
Facts of La Madeleine Church
A Roman Roman Catholic Church in Paris.
The Church is open every day 9:30 am to 7 pm.
Architecture: a temple with 52 Corinthian columns supporting the building.
The Church Pipe organ is one of the most beautiful instruments in Paris and was built by Aristide Cavaille-Coll. Enjoy organ music on Sunday during the mass (9:30 am and 11 am).
Chopin's funeral was late for two weeks in the Madeleine on October 30, 1849. He had a wish that the Requiem of Mozart was sung.
Christmas at the Madeleine Church - You can come to see the nativity scene at the church from December 9th to February 2nd 2018
Famous addresses near St. Madeleine
- Foyer de la Madeleine, Place de la Madeleine Paris. The restaurant is located underneath the church. The restaurant is operated by volunteers from the church.
- Maxim's, French restaurant, 3 rue Royale Paris
- Laduree Royale, pastry shop, 16 rue Royale Paris
Most beautiful churches in Paris where to find classical music concerts: the Ste Chapelle, St-Germain des pres, Cathedral Notre Dame de Paris and St Ephrem Church.
Return from Madeleine concerts to Paris Vacations