The Madeleine Church is one of the famous churches in Paris. Don't miss to visit this church in Paris, or enjoy a classical concert.
The church Madeleine is located in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. A short walk from the Place de la Concorde. The church stands at the end of the rue Royale. The majestic building is easy to recognize, has built in the shape of a temple.
Napoleon Bonaparte has decided to build it only for his glory. It took 85 years to finish it. Only in 1845, the St Madeleine was transformed into a church.
CONCERTS AT LA MADELEINE CHURCH
FTC Disclosure: If you make a purchase via links on this site we may receive a small commission at no added cost to you. Thank you!
- La Madeleine: Vivaldi's Four Seasons
Concert on November 8, 12, 16, 21, 26, 30, 2019
- MagnifiBACH: Bach's Masterworks at the Eglise de la Madeleine on November 11, 2019
- Madeleine: Four Seasons, Ave Maria and Christmas Classics on December 20, 22, 25, 27, 28, 2019
- Christmas concert: Haendel's Messiah at La Madeleine Church on December 21, 2019
- Orchestre Helios: Madeleine Church
Concert on December 23, January 1, 2020
- Vivaldi's The Four Seasons & Corelli's Christmas concert at La Madeleine Church on December 26, 2019
- Ravel & Beethoven at La Madeleine Church on December 29, 2019
- Mozart Requiem on December 31, 2019
- Mozart, Rachmaninov, Sarasate, Massenet, Rameau, Lully concert in La Madeleine Church January 3, 2020
Facts of La Madeleine Church
A Roman Roman Catholic Church in Paris.
The Church is open every day 9:30 am to 7 pm.
Architecture: a temple with 52 Corinthian columns supporting the building.
The Church Pipe organ is one of the most beautiful instruments in Paris and was built by Aristide Cavaille-Coll. Enjoy organ music on Sunday during the mass (9:30 am and 11 am).
Chopin's funeral was late for two weeks in the Madeleine on October 30, 1849. He had a wish that the Requiem of Mozart was sung.
Christmas at the Madeleine Church - The nativity scene at the church from December to February.
Famous addresses near La Madeleine
- FAUCHON Paris: 30 Place de la Madeleine, 75008 Paris
Gourmet food shop and delicatessens
- La Maison de la Truffe Madeleine: 19 Place de la Madeleine, 75008 Paris
Restaurant specialties, the truffle since 1932
- Ladurée Paris Royale: 16-18 Rue Royale, 75008 Paris, France
Restaurant for macarons
Most beautiful churches in Paris where to find classical music concerts: the Ste Chapelle, St-Germain des pres, Cathedral Notre Dame de Paris and St Ephrem Church.
Return from Madeleine concerts to Paris Vacations