La Madeleine Church 2020
The Madeleine Church is one of the famous churches in Paris. Classical concerts are held in the church all year around.
The church is located in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. It's a short walk from Place de la Concorde. The church stands at the end of the rue Royale. The majestic building is easy to recognize with its shape of a temple.
Napoleon Bonaparte has decided to build this monument only for his glory. It took 85 years to finish it. Only in 1845, the St Madeleine was transformed into a church.
FTC Disclosure: If you make a purchase via links on this site we may receive a small commission at no added cost to you. Thank you!
CONCERTS AT LA MADELEINE CHURCH
- Vivaldi's Four Seasons
- Bach: Mass in B Minor in Paris
- Vivaldi' Four Seasons & Mozart's A Little Night Music
- Händel's Messiah in Paris
- Ravel's Bolero & Mozart Requiem
- Mozart, Rachmaninov, Sarasate, Massenet, Rameau, Lully
- Mozart Requiem
- Bach: Complete Violin Concertos
- In Memory of Chopin: Mozart Requiem
- Verdi's Requiem in Paris
Facts of La Madeleine Church
A Roman Roman Catholic Church in Paris.
52 Corinthian columns support the building.
The Pipe organ is one of the most beautiful instruments in Paris and was built by Aristide Cavaille-Coll. Enjoy organ music on Sunday during the mass (9:30 am and 11 am).
Chopin's funeral was late for two weeks in the Madeleine on October 30, 1849. He had a wish that the Requiem of Mozart was sung.
Christmas at the Madeleine Church - There is a nativity scene at the church from December to February.
Famous addresses near La Madeleine
- FAUCHON Paris: 30 Place de la Madeleine, 75008 Paris
Gourmet food shop and delicatessens
- La Maison de la Truffe Madeleine: 19 Place de la Madeleine, 75008 Paris
Restaurant specialties, the truffle since 1932
- Ladurée Paris Royale: 16-18 Rue Royale, 75008 Paris, France
Restaurant for macarons
Most beautiful churches in Paris where to find classical music concerts: the Ste Chapelle, St-Germain des pres, Cathedral Notre Dame de Paris and St Ephrem Church.
Return from Madeleine concerts to Paris Vacations