Madeleine Church Paris
The Madeleine Church is a famous church in Paris. Don't miss to visit this church in Paris, or enjoy a classical concert.
The church Madeleine is located in the 8th arrondissement of Paris, a short walk from the Place de la Concorde. The church stands at the end of the rue Royale. The majestic building is easy to recognize, shaped like a temple.
Who has built L'Eglise de la Madeleine? Napoleon Bonaparte did it, only for his glory. It took 85 years to finish it. Only in 1845, the St Madeleine was transformed into a church.
FTC Disclosure: If you make a purchase via links on this site we may receive a small commission at no added cost to you. Thank you!
Concerts at La Madeleine Church
Reserve your seats for La Madeleine Church concerts
- Vivaldi (The Four Seasons), Albinoni, Pachelbel and Mozart: at La Madeleine September 26, 2018
- Haydn & Mozart: Eglise de La Madeleine, September 28, 2018
- Vivaldi, Albinoni, Pachelbel, Schubert, Massenet & Gounod at La Madeleine on September 29...
- La Madeleine: Vivaldi's Four Seasons October 6, January 1, 2...
- Orchestre Helios: Vivaldi & Mozart in Saint Germain des Prés, October 12, 2018
- Haydn & Mozart: Eglise de La Madeleine September 29 2018
- Faure's Requiem & Ave Maria: Eglise de la Madeleine, October 27, 2018
- In Memory of Chopin: Mozart Requiem at La Madeleine Church on October 30 2018
- Mendelssohn's Paulus: Eglise de La Madeleine November 10 2018
- Händel's Messiah: Eglise de La Madeleine, December 14 2018
- Madeleine: Four Seasons, Ave Maria and Christmas Classics, December 16, 19, 22, 25, 26, 27, 2018
- Christmas Concert: Église de la Madeleine in Paris on December 23 2018
- Puccini & Tchaikovsky: Eglise de La Madeleine December 31, 2018
Facts of La Madeleine Church
A Roman Roman Catholic Church in Paris.
The Church is open every day 9:30 am to 7 pm.
Architecture: a temple with 52 Corinthian columns supporting the building.
The Church Pipe organ is one of the most beautiful instruments in Paris and was built by Aristide Cavaille-Coll. Enjoy organ music on Sunday during the mass (9:30 am and 11 am).
Chopin's funeral was late for two weeks in the Madeleine on October 30, 1849. He had a wish that the Requiem of Mozart was sung.
Christmas at the Madeleine Church - You can come to see the nativity scene at the church from December 9th to February 2nd 2018
Famous addresses near St. Madeleine
- Foyer de la Madeleine, Place de la Madeleine Paris. The restaurant is located underneath the church. The restaurant is operated by volunteers from the church.
- Maxim's, French restaurant, 3 rue Royale Paris
- Laduree Royale, pastry shop, 16 rue Royale Paris
Most beautiful churches in Paris where to find classical music concerts: the Ste Chapelle, St-Germain des pres, Cathedral Notre Dame de Paris and St Ephrem Church.
Return from Madeleine concerts to Paris Vacations