Madeleine Church concerts
L'Église de la Madeleine is one of the most famous churches in Paris. Don't miss to visit this church in Paris, or enjoy a classical concert.
The church Madeleine is located in the 8th arrondissement of Paris, a short walk from the Place de la Concorde. The church stands at the end of the rue Royale. The majestic building is easy to recognize, shaped like a temple.
Who has built L'Eglise de la Madeleine? Napoleon Bonaparte did it, only for his glory. It took 85 years to finish it. Only in 1845, the St Madeleine was transformed into a church.
Concerts in La Madeleine
La Madeleine Church concerts
- Vivaldi's Four Seasons on May 12, 21, 29, 2018
- Vivaldi's Four Seasons: La Madeleine Church on May 18, 2018
- Concerts at La Madeleine Church: Mozart Requiem on May 19, 2018
- Famous Ave Maria and Adagios: Easter concert at La Madeleine in Paris on May 20, 2018
- Mendelssohn: Église de la Madeleine in Paris on May 26, 2018
- Puccini's Messa di Gloria: Église de la Madeleine in Paris
on June 2, 2018
- Verdi's Requiem at La Madeleine Church on June 30, 2018
- Eglise de la Madeleine in Paris: Dvorak's Mass in D on July 7, 2018
- Église de la Madeleine: Vivaldi, Mozart, Albinoni, Pachelbel & Schubert on September 12, 16, 19, 26, 2018
- Mozart's Requiem at La Madeleine on September 15, 2018
- In Memory of Chopin: Mozart Requiem at La Madeleine Church on October 30, 2018
Facts of La Madeleine Church
A Roman Roman Catholic Church in Paris.
The Church is open every day 9:30 am to 7 pm.
Architecture: a temple with 52 Corinthian columns supporting the building.
The Church Pipe organ is one of the most beautiful instruments in Paris and was built by Aristide Cavaille-Coll. Enjoy organ music on Sunday during the mass (9:30 am and 11 am).
Chopin's funeral was late for two weeks in the Madeleine on October 30, 1849. He had a wish that the Requiem of Mozart was sung.
Christmas at the Madeleine Church - You can come to see the nativity scene at the church from December 9th to February 2nd 2018
Famous addresses near St. Madeleine
- Foyer de la Madeleine, Place de la Madeleine Paris. The restaurant is located underneath the church. The restaurant is operated by volunteers from the church.
- Maxim's, French restaurant, 3 rue Royale Paris
- Laduree Royale, pastry shop, 16 rue Royale Paris
Most beautiful churches in Paris where to find classical music concerts: the Ste Chapelle, St-Germain des pres, Cathedral Notre Dame de Paris and St Ephrem Church.
Return from Madeleine concerts to Paris Vacations