The Avenue Montaigne is one of most beautiful and famous streets in Paris, specially for high fashion stores and luxury brands names. The street is considering the most expensive in Paris. It is one the best streets for shopping in Paris. Located near the Avenue des Champs-Elysees, between the Arc de Triomphe and the Place de l'Alma, in the 8th arrondissement.
FTC Disclosure: If you make a purchase via links on this site we may receive a small commission at no added cost to you. Thank you!
Famous addresses on Avenue Montaigne
From the Rond-Point des Champs-Elysees (Metro station: Franklin D. Roosevelt) to the place de l'Alma square, you find stores, hotels, theatres, restaurants...
- Gucci, 60 Montaigne avenue. Glasses, shoes, accessories
- Jil Sander, 56 avenue Montaigne. Shoes, bags, women men clothes
- Ralph Lauren, 52 avenue Montaigne. Women clothes, accessories
- Krizia, 48 avenue Montaigne
- Bonpoint, 49 avenue Montaigne
- Christian Dior, 30 avenue Montaigne
- Canadian Embassy, 35 avenue Montaigne
- Christian Lacroix, 26 avenue Montaigne
- Louis Vuitton, 22 avenue Montaigne
- Prada, 10 avenue Montaigne
- Theatre des Champs Elysees, 15 avenue Montaigne
- Maison Blanche restaurant, 15 avenue Montaigne
Facts of the Avenue Montaigne
- The street is 615 meters lengh
- In the 18th century, the Montaigne street was called the Allee des Veuves (widows' alley). It was a gathering place for widows
- The name come from the famous philosopher Michel de Montaigne
- Marlene Dietrich, the actress has lived at the 12th of Montaigne avenue
- In 1946, Christian Dior has opened his first boutique at the 30th of the Avenue Montaigne
- In 2008, a very Important robbery of jewelry (78, 79 millions of Euros) happened at Harry Winston, 29th Montaigne avenue
- Buying an apartment on Avenue Montaigne, it is the most expensive street in Paris in 2015
Events in Avenue Montaigne
Les Vendanges Montaigne: September
The harvest. Boutiques invite their guests to celebrate, and serve the best wines. At the same time, they present their new collections. The event is in September. And it happens every 2 years.
La Fete des Catherinettes is the feast of Saint Catherine celebrated every year on November 25th. Only fashion houses can participate. Boys and girls have to be 25 years old and wear a hat.
Avenue de Montaigne, Christmas illuminations: November, December 2018
Les Soldes 2019 : PARIS Winter and Summer Sales
- Winter sales in Paris: January 9 to February 19, 2019
- Summer sales in Paris: June 26 to August 6, 2019
Return from avenue Montaigne to Paris Vacations