Paris Vacations 2018
Paris Vacations 2018: how to spend 1, 3 or 5 days in Paris. Discover Paris top tourist attractions, monuments and museums. Enjoy French restaurants and Parisian cafes in the City of Lights. Where to stay? What to do in Paris? This website will give you many good ideas for your trip.
FTC Disclosure: If you make a purchase via links on this site we may receive a small commission at no added cost to you. Thank you!
Famous monuments in Paris
The Eiffel Towel, the Arc de Triomphe and the Louvre Museum are the most visited monuments in Paris. Do not stay down the eiffel tower, climb to the top to admire the most beautiful views of paris. Do not miss to visit the Sainte Chapelle near Notre Dame Cathedral.
Paris vacations: top 3 monuments in Paris:
- Eiffel Tower: best view of Paris, surprising and fun on the transparent floor at the first floor of the Eiffel Tower
- Arc de Triomphe: panoramic view of Champs-Elysees. Most beautiful walk in Paris, the Arc de Triomphe to the Concorde
- Notre-Dame Cathedral de Paris: most visited monument of France. A medieval Catholic cathedral on the Ile de la Cité
Museums in Paris, and exbitions
Discover the museums of Paris, not only the Louvre Museum! Enjoy a half day in the Louvre. Do not miss to see the Joconde, the Venus di Milo, the Seated Scribe, the Winged Victory. The Museum d'Orsay has the most incredible collection of impressionist paintings. Do not forget the Rodin Museum, and the Thinker.
Expos in Paris:
- Alphonse Mucha, exhibition at the Musee du Luxembourg, from September 12 to January 27, 2019
- Picasso, Blue and Rose, at the Musée d'Orsay, from September 18 to January 6, 2019
Hotels in Paris
Do you need an hotel in Paris? There are over 1450 places to stay in Paris! But which hotel to choose?
A well located hotel, in the Center of Paris, close to tourist sites, with restaurants, cafes, shops nearby. Some hotels are unique, historical, charming with a garden. Some rooms have views of Paris.
Very Good locations to stay in Paris:
- Eiffel Tower
- Louvre Museum
- Champs-Elysees Avenue
Restaurants in Paris
Paris has over 40 000 places where to eat. Find famous restaurants, brasseries, cafes, French bistros, restaurants with a view of Paris.
Shopping in Paris
Paris vacations is for shopping. Stroll in the shops during your Paris vacations.
Department stores, boutiques, antiques shops, markets, flea Markets. Discover the best shopping areas in Paris :
- Le Marais
- Galeries Lafayette
Going out in Paris
Find the best venues for entertainment, theaters, shows, cabarets, jazz clubs...
What to do in Paris
What are your favourite activities and hobbies? walking, taking French cooking lessons, attending to a concert. Discover the French fashion, go to a sporting event. Do you like art, exhibitions?
Paris with kids
Enjoy family events during your Paris vacations :
Kids in Paris : events
- Fête à Neuneu 2018, funfair in Paris September to October 7, la Fête à Neuneu in Bois de Boulogne. Porte de la Muette, Paris, attractions, rides, big wheel
- Paris Manga & Sci-Fi, Paris on the 20, 21st of October 2018
- KidExpo, Paris from October 31 to November 4 2018
Is it your 2nd time in Paris?
You have already visited the Eiffel Tower, the Musee du Louvre and the Cathedral Notre Dame. What can you see next?
There are a lot of things to do in Paris. Have you been to the Opera House, Les Invalides, the Museum Rodin, Musée de l'Orangerie, the Centre Georges Pompidou, La Defense area?
Your Paris vacations must be fun, discover some fun events in Paris :
- Vespa Parade Paris, September 15, 2018, scooters will leave from the Boulevard du Montparnasse to the Bois de Boulogne
- Street Food Festival Paris, September 19, 20, 2018, Porte de Versailles.
Classical events in Paris
During your Paris vacations, do both at the same time: listen to classical music and visit a monument :
Reserve your seats for classical events in Paris
- Orchestre Helios: Vivaldi & Mozart in Saint Germain des Prés September 7, 22, October 12, 2018
- Concerts at La Sainte Chapelle September 8, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30...
- Tristan und Isolde: Paris Opera September 2018
- Soloists of the Maîtrise Notre-Dame de Paris: Bach, Händel, Mendelssohn September 11, 2018
What's happening in Paris?
- Paris 2024 - Paris will host the Olympic Games in 2024. Most beautiful monuments will be transformed into sports ground, The Eiffel Tower, the Invalides, the Grand Palais...
- The Rugby World Cup will be hosted in France in 2023
- New! The Galeries Lafayette will be opening on Champs-Elysees in October 2018
- Mondial de l'Auto 2018 (Paris Motor Show) will take place from October 4 to 14th at Paris Porte de Versailles.
- Every weekend, until August 18th, Paris Aéroports will offer free yoga Nidra sessions at Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Paris-Orly airports.
- Zoo de Vincennes will open at night until August 9, 2018
- Movie festival in the Parc de La Villette: watch a free movie outside until August 18th.
- "I Love Piaf" is back in Paris until August 18th 2018 at the Theatre Lucernaire.
- The Canal l'Ourcq is open for a free swim.
- Le salon du Mariage (The wedding fair of Paris) will be on September 15 and 16, 2018. Download a free entry on the website lesitedumariage.com. Location: Paris Expo Porte de Versailles.
- The Cirque du Soleil announces "Totem", its 2018 show is in Paris from October 25 to December 2, 2018, on Plaine de Jeux de Bagatelle, in the Bois de Boulogne.
- The Jardin d'Acclimatation is renewed and officially open. A new park composed of great attractions.
- After four years of renovations, the Hotel Lutetia (in the Saint-Germain-des- Prés area) was reopened from July 12th 2018.
- In 2020, the grand Palais will be closed and renovated for 2 years.
- Paris Games Week : October 26 to 30, 2018, Paris Expo Porte de Versailles.
- La Fête à Neuneu, funfair is returning to the Bois de Boulogne from August 31 to October 8, 2018.
- The Techno Parade celebrates its 20th anniversary in Paris on September 22nd 2018
Paris Calendar of events 2018
Find events in Paris, festivals, exciting events:
- Mondial de l'Auto in Paris from October 4 to 14 2018
- Festival Jazz sur Seine, Paris from October 12 to 28 2018
- Salon du Chocolat, Paris from October 31 to November 4 2018
Flea markets to discover in Paris, the Saint-Ouen flea market, the flea market Porte de Montreuil, Porte de Vanves, and the Puces d'Aligre.