Paris Madeleine Church is one of the most famous churches. A fabulous music venue for classical music concerts. You find concerts of Mozart and Vivaldi.
The church L'Église de la Madeleine is located in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. It is a short walk from the Place de la Concorde. The church stands at the end of the rue Royale. The majestic building is shaped like a temple.
Do you know who built the Madeleine? Napoleon Bonaparte did it, only for his glory. It took 85 years to finish it. Only in 1845, the St Madeleine was transformed into a church.
Upcoming concerts at La Madeleine Church 2017
- La Madeleine Vivaldi's Four Seasons on April 16, 17, 20, 25, 29, May 1, 7, 11, 15, 20, 26, June 20 2017
- Moses' Prayer by Rossini in La Madeleine Church on April 22, 2017
- Vivaldi' Four Seasons & Puccini's Crisantemi concert La Madeleine Church in May 8, 2017
- Vivaldi's Gloria & Legoupil's Requiem on May 13, 2017
- Schubert Mass & Mozart Requiem concert in Paris on May 25, 2017
- Mendelssohn's Italian Symphony & Berlioz' Symphonie Fantastique concert on June 10, 2017
- Beethoven's Sixth Symphony & Mozart's Mass in C in La Madeleine Church on June 17, 2017
- Gounod's Ave Maria & Fauré's Requiem in La Madeleine Church on June 30, 2017
- Vivaldi's Four Seasons & Purcell's Fairy Queen Suite: La Madeleine Church concert in September 8, 2017
- Mozart Requiem & Paris Symphony: La Madeleine Church on September 22, 2017
- Verdi's Requiem at La Madeleine Church in October 14, 2017
- In Memory of Chopin: Mozart Requiem at La Madeleine Church on October 30, 2017
- Beethoven's Ninth & Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto: La Madeleine Church in December 21, 2017
- Händel's Messiah at La Madeleine Church on December 27, 2017
La Madeleine Church facts
A Roman Roman Catholic Church in Paris.
The Church is open every day 9:30 am to 7 pm.
Architecture: a temple with 52 Corinthian columns supporting the building.
The Church Pipe organ is one of the most beautiful instruments in Paris and was built by Aristide Cavaille-Coll. Enjoy organ music on Sunday during the mass (9:30 am and 11 am).
Chopin's funeral was late for two weeks in the Madeleine on October 30, 1849. He had a wish that the Requiem of Mozart was sung.
Famous addresses near St. Madeleine
- Foyer de la Madeleine, Place de la Madeleine Paris. The restaurant is located underneath the church. The restaurant is operated by volunteers from the church.
- Maxim's, French restaurant, 3 rue Royale Paris
- Laduree Royale, pastry shop, 16 rue Royale Paris
Most beautiful churches in Paris where to find classical music concerts: the Ste Chapelle, St-Germain des pres, Cathedral Notre Dame de Paris and St Ephrem Church.
Return from Madeleine concerts to Paris Vacations