The Paris Pass Sale Promotion
Save 10% on a 3, 4 & 6 day Paris Pass
Starts - Friday 27th May 2016
Offer Ends - Wednesday 1st June 2016
Link: The Paris Pass
Eglise de la Madeleine concerts
Church in Paris
La Madeleine Church is one of the most famous churches in Paris. And one of the best classical churches venues for concerts. Enjoy Mozart Requiem and Vivaldi's Four Seasons upcoming concerts in Paris Church.
The church is located in 8th arrondissement of Paris, a short walk from Place de la Concorde, at the end of rue Royale. The majestic building looks like a temple.
Did you know that Napoleon Bonaparte has built La Madeleine for only his glory. It took 85 years to finish it. In 1845, the St Madeleine was transformed into a church.
Concerts at La Madeleine Church 2016
- La Madeleine Vivaldi's Four Seasons concerts in Paris May 20, 28, June 1, 3, 23, 25, 29, 2016. Les Violons de France concerts, French orchestra, performances works from Vivaldi, Mozart, Pachelbel, Albinoni
- Bach, Fauré, Haendel concert in church Eglise de la Madeleine May 21, 2016
- Beethoven Mass in C Major: classical concert La Madeleine June 18, 2016
- Mozart Requiem: Eglise de la Madeleine June 18 2016
- Concert at La Madeleine Church July 16, 25 2016
- Concerts at La Madeleine Church: Mozart Requiem Paris July 30, August 20 2016
- Beethoven's Seventh and Mozart's Requiem at La Madeleine September 6, October 18, 2016
- Haydn & Mozart at La Madeleine October 1, 2016
Paris La Madeleine Facts
A Roman Roman Catholic Church in Paris.
The Church is open every day 9:30 am to 7 pm.
Architecture: a temple with 52 Corinthian columns supporting the building.
The Church Pipe organ is one of the most beautiful instruments in Paris and was built by Aristide Cavaille-Coll. Enjoy organ music on Sunday during the mass (9:30 am and 11 am).
Chopin's funeral was late for two weeks in the Madeleine on October 30, 1849. He had a wish that the Requiem of Mozart was sung.
Famous addresses near St. Madeleine
- Foyer de la Madeleine, Place de la Madeleine Paris. The restaurant is located underneath the church. The restaurant is operated by volunteers from the church.
- Maxim's, French restaurant, 3 rue Royale Paris
- Laduree Royale, pastry shop, 16 rue Royale Paris
Most beautiful churches in Paris where to find classical music concerts: the Ste Chapelle, St-Germain des pres, Cathedral Notre Dame de Paris and St Ephrem Church.
Return from Madeleine concerts to Paris Vacations