Eglise de la Madeleine concerts
Church in Paris
La Madeleine Church is a famous church in Paris. And one of the best classical churches venues for concerts. Enjoy Mozart Requiem and Vivaldi's Four Seasons upcoming concerts in Paris Church.
The church is located in 8th arrondissement of Paris, a short walk from Place de la Concorde, at the end of rue Royale. The majestic building is shaped like a temple.
Napoleon Bonaparte has built La Madeleine for only his glory. And it took 85 years to finish it. In 1845, the St Madeleine was transformed into a church.
Upcoming concerts at La Madeleine Church 2016
- La Madeleine Vivaldi's Four Seasons concerts September 14, 18, 23, 26, 30, October 15, 24, 26, 29, November 5, 12, 25, 2016 The Orchestra Les Violons de France will perform Vivaldi The Four Seasons in one of the most beautiful churches in Paris.
- Bach: La Madeleine Church Paris September 10, 2016
- Concerts at La Madeleine Church: Mozart Requiem September 17, October 22, 2016
- Beethoven's Seventh and Mozart's Requiem at La Madeleine September 6, October 18, 2016
- Haydn & Mozart at La Madeleine October 1, 2016
- Pergolesi & Beethoven at La Madeleine Church October 14
- Verdi Requiem: La Madeleine Church in Paris November 19, 2016
Paris La Madeleine Facts
A Roman Roman Catholic Church in Paris.
The Church is open every day 9:30 am to 7 pm.
Architecture: a temple with 52 Corinthian columns supporting the building.
The Church Pipe organ is one of the most beautiful instruments in Paris and was built by Aristide Cavaille-Coll. Enjoy organ music on Sunday during the mass (9:30 am and 11 am).
Chopin's funeral was late for two weeks in the Madeleine on October 30, 1849. He had a wish that the Requiem of Mozart was sung.
Famous addresses near St. Madeleine
- Foyer de la Madeleine, Place de la Madeleine Paris. The restaurant is located underneath the church. The restaurant is operated by volunteers from the church.
- Maxim's, French restaurant, 3 rue Royale Paris
- Laduree Royale, pastry shop, 16 rue Royale Paris
Most beautiful churches in Paris where to find classical music concerts: the Ste Chapelle, St-Germain des pres, Cathedral Notre Dame de Paris and St Ephrem Church.
Return from Madeleine concerts to Paris Vacations