Paris Madeleine Church is one of the most famous churches. A fabulous music venue for classical music concerts. You find concerts of Mozart and Vivaldi.
The church L'Église de la Madeleine is located in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. It is a short walk from the Place de la Concorde. The church stands at the end of the rue Royale. The majestic building is shaped like a temple.
Do you know who built the Madeleine? Napoleon Bonaparte did it, only for his glory. It took 85 years to finish it. Only in 1845, the St Madeleine was transformed into a church.
Upcoming concerts at La Madeleine Church 2017
- La Madeleine Vivaldi's Four Seasons concerts in church Madeleine.Vivaldi concerts in Paris at La Madeleine Church January 7, 21, 27, February 4, 14, 25, 2017. Classical music from Vivaldi, Mozart, Pachelbel, Albinoni
- Sibelius Finlandia & Mahler's First Symphonie concert in La Madeleine Church Paris January 14, 2017
- Mozart Requiem Concerts at La Madeleine Church February 18, March 25, 2017
- Beethoven's Seventh Symphony & Fauré's Requiem concert in La Madeleine Church on February 25, 2017
- Beethoven's Violin Concerto & Third Symphony La Madeleine Paris church concert March 11, 2017
- Puccini, Messa di Gloria concert in Paris March 18, 2017
- Bach St John Passion La Madeleine Church concert April 7, 2017
- Moses' Prayer by Rossini La Madeleine Church April 22, 2017
- Vivaldi' Four Seasons & Puccini's Crisantemi La Madeleine Church concert May 8, 2017
- Vivaldi's Gloria & Legoupil's Requiem concert on May 13, 2017
- Schubert Mass & Mozart Requiem concert in Paris La Madeleine Church May 25, 2017
- Mendelssohn's Italian Symphony & Berlioz' Symphonie Fantastique concert on June 10, 2017
- Beethoven's Sixth Symphony & Mozart's Mass in C La Madeleine Church concert June 17, 2017
- Gounod's Ave Maria & Fauré's Requiem La Madeleine Church concert June 30, 2017
La Madeleine Church facts
A Roman Roman Catholic Church in Paris.
The Church is open every day 9:30 am to 7 pm.
Architecture: a temple with 52 Corinthian columns supporting the building.
The Church Pipe organ is one of the most beautiful instruments in Paris and was built by Aristide Cavaille-Coll. Enjoy organ music on Sunday during the mass (9:30 am and 11 am).
Chopin's funeral was late for two weeks in the Madeleine on October 30, 1849. He had a wish that the Requiem of Mozart was sung.
Famous addresses near St. Madeleine
- Foyer de la Madeleine, Place de la Madeleine Paris. The restaurant is located underneath the church. The restaurant is operated by volunteers from the church.
- Maxim's, French restaurant, 3 rue Royale Paris
- Laduree Royale, pastry shop, 16 rue Royale Paris
Most beautiful churches in Paris where to find classical music concerts: the Ste Chapelle, St-Germain des pres, Cathedral Notre Dame de Paris and St Ephrem Church.
Return from Madeleine concerts to Paris Vacations