St Madeleine Church
concerts in Paris
The St Madeleine Church is one of the most famous churches in Paris. And one of the best classical churches venues for concerts. Enjoy Mozart Requiem and Vivaldi's Four Seasons concerts in Paris Church.
The church is located in 8th arrondissement of Paris, a short walk from Place de la Concorde, at the end of rue Royale. The majestic building looks like a temple.
Did you know that Napoleon Bonaparte has built La Madeleine for only his glory. It took 85 years to finish it. In 1845, the St Madeleine was transformed into a church.
Concerts at La Madeleine Church 2016
- La Madeleine Vivaldi's Four Seasons concerts in Paris April 29, May 1, 6, 16, 20, 28, June 1, 3, 23, 25, 29, 2016. Les Violons de France concerts, French orchestra, performances works from Vivaldi, Mozart, Pachelbel, Albinoni
- Verdi & Dvorak at La Madeleine Church May 5, 2016
- Concerts at La Madeleine Church: Mozart Requiem concerts in Paris May 7, 14, 2016
- Bach, Fauré, Haendel: concert at the historic church Eglise de la Madeleine May 21, 2016
- Beethoven Mass in C Major: classical concert La Madeleine June 18, 2016
- Beethoven's Seventh and Mozart's Requiem at La Madeleine September 6, October 18, 2016
- Haydn & Mozart at La Madeleine October 1, 2016
Paris La Madeleine Facts
A Roman Roman Catholic Church in Paris.
The Church is open every day 9:30 am to 7 pm.
Architecture: a temple with 52 Corinthian columns supporting the building.
The Church Pipe organ is one of the most beautiful instruments in Paris and was built by Aristide Cavaille-Coll. Enjoy organ music on Sunday during the mass (9:30 am and 11 am).
Chopin's funeral was late for two weeks in the Madeleine on October 30, 1849. He had a wish that the Requiem of Mozart was sung.
Famous addresses near St. Madeleine
- Maxim's, French restaurant, 3 rue Royale Paris
- Laduree Royale, pastry shop, 16 rue Royale Paris
Most beautiful churches in Paris where to find classical music concerts: the Ste Chapelle, St-Germain des pres, Cathedral Notre Dame de Paris and St Ephrem Church.
Return from Madeleine concerts to Paris Vacations