St Madeleine Church
Classical concerts in Paris
The St Madeleine Church is one of the most visited churches in Paris, also a famous venue for beautiful classical music concerts, Mozart Requiem, Vivaldi's Four Seasons, masterpieces of Verdi, Haydn...
The Eglise de la Madeleine is in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. From the Place de la Concorde, at the end of the rue Royale stands the majestic building. Temple or church? Napoleon Bonaparte build it for his glory. It took 85 years to finish it. Only in 1845, it was transformed in a church.
Concerts at Eglise de la Madeleine in Paris
- La Madeleine Vivaldi's Four Seasons Paris, December concerts, December 20, 23, 26, 30, January 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, 17, 23, 27, February 8, 25, March 15, 20, 27, April 6, 13, 17, 21, 24, 30, 2015.
- Bach Magnificat: La Madeleine Church in Paris December 22
- Concerts at La Madeleine Church: Mozart Requiem December 27, January 31, February 28, 2015.
- Verdi Requiem December 28, 2014.
- Vivaldi, Schubert, Albinoni: Eglise de La Madeleine December 29, 2014.
- Concerts at La Madeleine Church Mozart Requiem December 31, January 3, 2015.
- Mozart Requiem Eglise de la Madeleine, January 31, 2015.
- Concert at La Madeleine Church March 13, April 4, 2015.
Architecture, 52 Corinthian columns support the building.
The Pipe organ is one of the most beautiful instruments and was built by Aristide Cavaille-Coll. You can heard some organ music on Sunday during the mass (9:30 am and 11 am).
Chopin's funeral was late for two weeks in the Madeleine on October 30, 1849. He had a wish that the Requiem of Mozart was sung.
Famous addresses near St. Madeleine
- Maxim's, French restaurant, 3 rue Royale Paris
- Laduree Royale, pastry shop, 16 rue Royale Paris
Most beautiful churches in Paris where to find classical music concerts: the Ste Chapelle, St-Germain des pres, Cathedral Notre Dame de Paris and St Ephrem Church.
Return from Madeleine Church to Paris Vacations