The Madeleine Church is one of the most famous churches in Paris. You can visit "La Paroisse de la Madeleine" or you can enjoy a concert.
The church L'Église de la Madeleine is located in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. A short walk from the Place de la Concorde. The church stands at the end of the rue Royale. The majestic building is easy to recognize, shaped like a temple.
Who has built L'Eglise de la Madeleine? Napoleon Bonaparte did it, only for his glory. It took 85 years to finish it. Only in 1845, the St Madeleine was transformed into a church.
Upcoming concerts at La Madeleine Church 2017
- Vivaldi the Four Seasons at La Madeleine Church on October 16, 26, November 4, 9, 14, 21, 30, December 9, 15, 23, 25, 28, 29, 2017, January 1, 2018. Performance of Vivaldi's 'The Four Seasons' by the Orchestre Les Violons de France
- Concerts at La Madeleine Church: Mozart Requiem on October 21, November 25, December 31, 2017. Concert series.The Jean Louis Petit Orchestra is joined by an excellent chorus and soloists to perform Mozart's final composition, the Requiem
- Favorite classics: Paul Kuentz Orchestra on October 28, 2017. Classical works by Pachelbel, Vivaldi, Bach and others, performed by the Orchestre Paul Kuentz
- In Memory of Chopin: Mozart Requiem at La Madeleine Church on October 30, 2017. Chopin's funeral was held in La Madeleine Church on October 30, 1849. Commemorate the event together with the Orchestre Hélios with music of Mozart, including his Requiem mass. Till Aly conducts the Orchestre Hélios and Choeur de Paris in the historic Madeleine Church
- Prestige du Cor: Eglise La Madeleine in Paris on November 11th 2017. The Paul Kuentz Orchestra performs at La Madeleine church in Paris
- Fauré Requiem in La Madeleine Church on November 18th 2017. Hugues Reiner leads three famous choirs as well as talented soloists in the performance
- Holiday Concert: Händel's Messiah on December 2nd 2017
- Ariel Ramirez's La Misa Criolla at the Madeleine on December 5, 2017
- Beethoven's Ninth & Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto: La Madeleine Church in December 21, 2017
- Mozart's Requiem at La Madeleine Church on December 22nd 2017
- Christmas Concert at La Madeleine Church: Vivaldi's Four Seasons on December 23rd 2017
- Corelli's Christmas Concerto Grosso and Vivaldi's Four Seasons at La Madeleine on December 26th 2017
- Händel's Messiah at La Madeleine Church on December 27, 2017
- Beethoven's Ninth: La Madeleine Church in Paris on December 30th 2017
- New Year's Eve: Mozart Requiem in Paris on December 31st 2017
- Verdi's Requiem in La Madeleine Church in Paris February 10th 2017
Facts of La Madeleine Church
A Roman Roman Catholic Church in Paris.
The Church is open every day 9:30 am to 7 pm.
Architecture: a temple with 52 Corinthian columns supporting the building.
The Church Pipe organ is one of the most beautiful instruments in Paris and was built by Aristide Cavaille-Coll. Enjoy organ music on Sunday during the mass (9:30 am and 11 am).
Chopin's funeral was late for two weeks in the Madeleine on October 30, 1849. He had a wish that the Requiem of Mozart was sung.
Famous addresses near St. Madeleine
- Foyer de la Madeleine, Place de la Madeleine Paris. The restaurant is located underneath the church. The restaurant is operated by volunteers from the church.
- Maxim's, French restaurant, 3 rue Royale Paris
- Laduree Royale, pastry shop, 16 rue Royale Paris
Most beautiful churches in Paris where to find classical music concerts: the Ste Chapelle, St-Germain des pres, Cathedral Notre Dame de Paris and St Ephrem Church.
Return from Madeleine concerts to Paris Vacations